Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

4 Months From Today....

I wanted to announce a very exciting opportunity that has come up for me to go to AFRICA!! Not too long ago a friend of mine invited me to go on a missions trip with an organization she has started called Etaala International (please check out the website). Etaala is partenering with another organization called Safewater Nexus (you can click on this link also). Together they have organized a trip to UGANDA from May 26th to June 10th 2010. During our time there we will be volunteering at a children’s village (a village made up of orphan homes), holding precious babies, serving at a local church to put on a VBS for the local children, possibly digging a well, and getting to know some amazing people. I can not begin to tell you how excited I am about this! This will be my first missions trip and my first time out of the country!!

I have always loved children and have always wanted to work with them in some way. I now have an awareness of children all over the world who have no one to love and care for them, no hope for an education, and no family at all. My hope is to begin working with these children, who are, by no fault of their own, orphans. On this trip I will have the opportunity to do just that, and much more.


I also just started a new blog, here is the link: http://journey2uganda.wordpress.com/

5 comments:

Audrey said...

That's AWESOME!!! Have an incredible time! Uganda is AMAZING!

Annie said...

So excited for your trip! What a great opportunity God has blessed you with!

Sharon said...

Audrey- Wow I just noticed you have been to Africa (don't know why I didn't realize it sooner)! Amazing! I just read your blog all the way through, finally, and now I know more about your experiences. And I can't wait to hear more.

Annie- I know, it is still unbelievable to me! And I guess it will continue to be until I am actually there. :)And I can't wait to share my experiences with you!

Joanna @ Asking with Faith said...

Yay yay yay! I'm sooo excited for you! I was praticly jumping up and down squeeling when I read this!

I hope you have an awsome trip and you will have to take LOTS of pictures!

Sharon said...

Anna- I will defiantly take lots and lots of pictures!! That won't be hard for me to do believe me! :) I will have them up the moment I can, to share with everyone also!