Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Update on Stella

Jan. 2011

Remember Stella? I know it's been a while! 
She started attending school in February and today I got an unexpected update on her! Yay! 
I just went shopping for her today right before I got the update, how crazy! I am putting together a care package for her because some friends are going to Uganda in June and are willing to take along some packages for the sponsored children. 
I love shopping for other people and giving gifts! It may take me a while to find just the right thing(s), (OK a really long while, haha!), but I love it! So I had no problem filling up my cart with fun things for Stella. It was a little different buying for a pre-teen, compared to what I am used to buying for my little toddler sponsor children, but it worked out.

Here is what the update said:

"Stella is doing well in school. Thank you so much for making it possible for her to come to school!
 
Last Saturday we had our sports day. All children are given an opportunity to participate and parents are invited. There are items for parents as well. Sella is a very good athlete, she won all her races. I have attached a picture of her recieving a certificate from our chief guest who is a member of the Ugandan parliament. Her elder sister who is her caretaker also won the parents' 100 m race in which she participated.

April 2011
 
Yesterday, we moved to our own premise as a church. We had been renting since we begun and this was a very big day for us. There was great joy and celebration as well as feasting. During the service, we had testimonies of what God has done in individual lives. One of the people to testify was Stella. She gave a moving account of her life and how her life has turned around since coming to school. When she was finished, there was hardly a dry eye in the congregation. I have attached a picture of her giving her testimony."

April 17th, 2011

Praise God Stella is doing well and benefiting from being in school! More to come on Stella soon!

No comments: