Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

3 months ago.....

Exactly 3 months ago today our team was about to board our first flight on our way to Uganda.
 It seems like such a long time ago and the memories are fading more and more everyday. I want to remember every moment about our trip, and I wish that were possible. But, since it isn't I have to keep reminding myself of what I saw, heard and experienced through pictures, videos, and stories from other team members. I'd have to say I learned so much from this experience and I am so very thankful God allowed me to take part in His amazing work!! Now that I have been to Uganda I can say I have seen their hurt, pain, brokenness, poverty, sickness, hopelessness, and loneliness with my own eyes. 


Now it is more real to me and it has CHANGED me!! While we were there we also saw true thankfulness, joy, happiness, and love. The people of Uganda are so different than what we see in America. They understand that God is their provider and he takes care of them, and with that they TOTALLY rely on Him. When any form of hope comes in their life, (weather it be a new well for their village, much needed medication, or some food for their family) they are TRULY thankful, so much so that they may bow down while shaking your hand, and also verbally thank you (many, many, many times). The children of Uganda are so precious and they are constantly full of joy. They were so very thankful for the smallest things (for example: a lollypop). 




Since I have been back several families have gotten in touch with me saying they were matched with some of the sweet babies that we were able to hold, play with, and love on at one of the baby homes. This has been so amazing, I am so thankful these babies will be able to know what it is like to have a family with a mom and dad and even siblings! This has allowed me to see that there was a reason that I felt so attached to the babies at the home, I was able to give some information and pictures to the families about their children, who live on another continent, and who they have been waiting for for so very long. 

This was my first missions trip and first time oversees and I believe it was the best choice I've ever made. It was a HUGE step of faith to say "Yes" to at first, there was a great amount of fear and doubt, and people advising me not to go at all, (but also a ton of positive support) and I couldn't have done it without the courage that God gave me. I can not even tell you how much I miss Uganda and I hope I can return someday! 






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved this post! Those are some cute babies!!! Did you hear that a couple of families got court dates today! Email me and I will tell you who!!