Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Volunteering for Show Hope, Concert, and Backstage Meet-up

On October 14th my sister and I went to stay with the Mestas family. My dear friend, Ellie is the one who invited me to go to Uganda, so it was great getting to see her again. That night we all went to volunteer for Show Hope at "A Night with the Chapman's". It was so incredible to get to volunteer for this amazing organization and see first hand how God is using them. 

Here I am at the Show Hope booth.
Here are some of the sponsorship packets and Mary Beth's new book (A must read)!

Since we were volunteering we got free passes to the Question & Answer session. It seems like, instead of questions (there were only a couple), a lot of people just shared their stories and thanked the Chapmans for encouraging others to walk by faith even in the toughest of times.

Q&A pass, so thankful we got to sit in on this! 

Steven & Mary Beth Chapman with Geoff Moore at the Q&A.

We were able to watch some parts of the show, and got to hear Mary Beth speak. 


Mary Beth speaking.

Then after the show we were fortunate enough to go backstage with the Mestas family to meet the Chapmans! I totally didn't expect that! We were the only ones allowed backstage! Ellie introduced me to Mary Beth and encouraged me to share my story with her. (Look back at this post for my story). I told her "After I heard about Maria, I started to learn more about your family, and that's how my heart for orphans started." It meant so much to me to get to tell her that, because if it wasn't for their family talking about Maria after her death, than I would probably have never developed a compassion for orphans and this blog would not even exist. Not to mention everything I would have missed out on (Uganda, meeting so many bloggy friends that have similar passions, etc.). My life would be totally different if it weren't for them!

Ellie, me, Kayley, Steven Curtis Chapman, and Kayla.

Getting our picture with Caleb, Will and Mary Beth Chapman.

Will Chapman with 4 of the Mestas brothers.

Us with Julia Chapman (Caleb's wife).

It was an amazing night!
The rest of the weekend we hung out with Ellie and her family. (If you don't know about them please check out their blogs, their adoption stories are very inspiring and just plan amazing!)

Kayla, me, Ellie and Kayley.








No comments: