Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Stella

Introducing....

my new sponsor child 

.....Stella!


Isn't she beautiful?

Stella is 11 years old and lives in Kampala, Uganda. Stella lives with her older sister and nephew. Her sister had Stella move in to babysit her child while she went to work. Stella has only completed 3rd grade. Her father abandoned the family (typical), and her mother lives in a village 5 hours outside of Kampala. Stella's sister will now work from home and stay with her child, so that Stella can attend school. 

Here she is with her nephew

I am so excited to begin this new sponsorship. And it makes it even more special since I've actually walked the streets of Kampala and I have an idea of how life is there. Stella starts school in February and I pray that she will benefit greatly from her education and no longer have limits on what she is able to do. Please join with me in praying for her as she transitions back into going to school and continues contributing to her family's needs. Also, that her sister will be able to find something she can do from home that will support her son and her sister.

1 comment:

Annie said...

She is sooo beautiful! I know she will be greatly blessed by your love and care for her in the next many months!