Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Two Year Sponsorship Anniversary!

Wow! Is it 2011 Already!?!

Seriously, it still hasn't really sunk in that it is 2011 now! I just realized today that it is my 2 Year Sponsorship Anniversary!! I had to think about it for a minute and I am shocked that it has been a year since my first anniversary. It seems like only a couple months! But sure enough I looked back in my posts from January of 2009 and found the post I put together last year. So I guess that's the prof I needed! I knew this year seemed to be going by extremely fast, but this truly confirms it!

Last year I posted about how God first opened my heart for orphans and then later led me toward sponsorship. It has been an incredible journey so far. Since then, I have had the chance to: serve orphans in Africa, meet many adoptive families and their no-longer-orphan children, meet many other young adults/families that have the same passion for orphan care/adoption that I do, and see a total change in my life as I seek to be the hands and feet of Jesus instead of living for myself.

And looking back over the video that I made on last year's post I remembered that last year I didn't know there was a family out there for Tristan (at least not yet)! But now there is!!! And he will be home very soon!!! As you can imagine, I am beyond excited for him and his new family!! And from this point forward I shall call him William, since that is his new name!! :)


Here is a link to last year's post (sponsorship video included):

http://sharon-sharonspage.blogspot.com/2010/01/one-year-sponsorship-anniversary.html

No comments: