Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Time For Fundraising

As most of you now know I am moving to Wisconsin next September to take part in Discipleship Training School with YWAM!! I am so excited, but of course the anxiety is setting in now that it is official! I know I totally need to be trusting in God for provision, but at some points my flesh shows up and reminds me I have a lot of work to do. 


It's true I have a lot of money to raise and a lot to think about and plan before next fall, but I know God will provide! He always has before! 

So, as I prepare to begin my own fundraisers I wanted to ask for some insight from my readers. If you will let me know what fundraisers worked and what didn't work for you or someone you know. All comments appreciated! 

I am working on a few ideas for Christmas. 
So, be watching for them in the next few days.

Thanks. 

2 comments:

Joanna @ Asking with Faith said...

These are some of the things I have done...

-Bake sale. (raised about $600)
-Garage Sale. (Raised just over $1000. but it was huge and we had tons of people donate stuff towards it).
-Bottle drive (I don't know if you get refunds for bottles in your state?? but this one rocks.)
-Good old babysitting. ;)

And really I just have had a bunch of donations from people and stuff. I actually kind of love fundraising because it ROCKS to see God provide!!!!

You can do it!

p.s.
How much do you need to raise?

Sharon said...

Joanna- I need to raise about $7,000 total for the 6 months(depending on our outreach location).