Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yay!!!

I was so very excited to see this picture this morning: 

This is William, his mama, and the orphanage director

This is the first picture I have seen of William with his mom! I love it! I even noticed that he was wearing the shirt I sent for him before his family left for China. It says: "Awesome (and has an arrow pointing to his face) and then underneath that is says: "(see details above)". It's so cute! :)

Tonight, hopefully in about 30 minutes, I get to meet him (on Skype, that counts right?)! I am so excited, and so nervous at the same time, about how it will all work out and what he will understand, etc. But most of all I'm just so very thankful that I get this opportunity! I have been so blessed by his mom's (Bridget) kindness in allowing me to be a part of William's life! It means so much to me! It has been an amazing two years of sponsoring him, and this is the most perfect ending I could have ever dreamed of! He has a family now, I get to continue to watch him grow, and he will even begin to know me as he gets older! God is so unbelievably good, and He gets all the honor for this!! 

I'll update later on to let everyone know how it goes, and how William and his family are doing.

3 comments:

Molly said...

So excited for you! What an awesome opportunity!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Shebecomes said...

That is awesome in every sense of the word! I can't even imagine how amazing it feels!

Annie said...

That is soooo awesome!! I remember how neat it was that my first little sponsor girl was wearing an outfit I had sent on her gotcha day as well...it made me feel like I was part of her miracle moment! And getting to keep in touch with the kids' families after they've been adopted is an incredible gift!! So excited for you and William! :)